ABOUT ANAHEIM COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Anaheim Community Foundation is non-profit corporation established in 1984. The Foundation supports a broad base of programs, services, organizations, and facilities that enrich the lives of Anaheim residents. A volunteer Board of Directors provides leadership and manages donations to ensure they are returned to the community to meet vital community needs.
We build community through people, partnerships, and pride.
- Strengthen community-based organizations to address community needs.
- Promote volunteerism and community participation.
- Inspire community pride and unity through community programs and events.
- Provide opportunities to make charitable investments that directly benefit the Anaheim community.
GRANTS & SCHOLARSHIPS
In today’s melting pot society, young people need positive alternatives to gangs and other risk factors. ACF grants and scholarships help develop self-esteem while promoting personal and community responsibility. Projects emphasize the value of staying in school, job training, and outlets for organized recreational activities for youth, teens and adults.
ACF provides community support to enable facilities such as libraries or Pearson Park Amphitheater to provide affordable opportunities for families to experience music, dance and theater arts.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Not all of our fellow citizens have the physical abilities to participate in the many community activities. ACF is committed to assisting those with disabilities to develop their own social skills with confidence and independence by supporting programs for seniors, therapeutic recreation, and various human services.
ANAHEIM YOUTH SERVICES ASSESSMENT
In 2012-13, ACF conducted an Anaheim Youth Service Assessment with130 stakeholders, with focus group input from parents and community leaders. Among the priorities that emerged from this study are:
- Safe programs for youth
- Experiential leadership opportunities for teens
- Family involvement
- Community collaboration
The Anaheim Community Foundation has been recognized for its community service and leadership through several awards, including:
- Disneyland Community Services Awards
- Stop-Gap’s Spotlight Award
- Canyon Hills Community Council Helping Hands Award
- Anaheim Community Services Department
- California Park and Recreation Society District Ten Award